Skip to main content

Even tho my moms policy on UM coverage is 300,000 what are the odds that I could recover more?

Philadelphia, PA |

I was involved in a pedestrian hit and run the driver got away and was never found. I know I'm going to be told I ask similar questions, the last question my answers were great. Thank you. But my question now is because my injuries were so severe and my mom has 300,000 UM policy, I was told on here by two different lawyers that I could potentially receive more and also theirs no way I could receive any more then the 300,000 because that's only what my mom has? Can anyone explain this better? Aslo I was told if it goes to court the UM policy can times it self by 7 I'd this true in my case?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


You really need to get a lawyer

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


Don't try to resolve it yourself, as there are many pitfalls. The secret is to retain a top-rated Philadelphia personal injury lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you don't get hurt twice, and you get maximum compensation under PA law.


You need representation from a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer. Feel free to call me with questions, or you can also retain a high-profile lawyer like Christian Lassen.


My office handles these cases all the time, if your interested feel free to contact me and we can discuss your matter further.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Jonathan D. Marx and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney


If you thought the "answers were great" then follow the advice and get an attorney you can sit down with and go over all the facts of your case in a way that cannot be done on a website.
If your mom has a 300K UM policy I am not sure why anyone would tell you you can get more? You would get more from whom? YOur mom has a 300k policy she paid for and the insurance company will just give more??? Here is a possibility: Did your mom purchase stacking and does she own more than one vehicle. For instance, if she purchased a 300k policy and she also purchased "stacking" and she has 2 cars then the available coverage is 600k--if she has 3 cars with stacking then the coverage is 900k.
You need to meet with an attorney to explore these issues.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.


Stop relying on AVVO attorneys and hire a lawyer.


Hopefully you have a competent personal injury attorney representing your interests. You should address your concerns and questions to your personal injury attorney.

The way your question reads, it seems that your dad may not be living with your mom. If your dad has a separate location for his home and you spend some percentage of time in his household, your attorney should explore whether or not there is additional uninsured motorist coverage in your dad's home. A number of courts have found coverage in both households when children's time is split between 2 parents households.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


We would be happy to answer all of your questions regarding your case with you in a phone conversation. Feel free to contact us with your list of questions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer