Skip to main content

Even after a guilty plea and past the dead line for an appeal could a case be reopened with proof a cop made up evidence?

Rochester, NH |

I'm past my appeal but I am taking a lie detector test to prove the only reason I was even arrested is because a police officer used other statements from the alledged victim to fabricate a confession from me? With this evidence is it possible to appeal because what took place was a crime against me? Do I sue the police station? should I try to make it a civil matter? Or even try to make it public knowledge hoping the local Judicial system will right what they have wronged? I don't want money I want my name cleared, because of what the officer did I lost my home and everything I owned and the alledged victim walked on attempted homocide because what I alledgedly did provoked her into trying to kill me. Physical evidence in the report proves my innocence but the false statement was used.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you want to pursue this, you should talk to a criminal defense lawyer in your area. This is a very difficult situation. By attempting to withdraw your plea, you are telling the court you lied when you entered your plea. That is a difficult thing to do, and it carries a number of risks. Before going forward with that you should consult privately with a good lawyer in your area.

This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Only a lawyer fully versed on the facts and circumstances of your case can properly advise you on the case. I am licensed to practice in Minnesota, not every state. You should always consult with an attorney licensed in your area on how best to proceed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer