Skip to main content

Error on Adjustment of status receipt notice

West Palm Beach, FL |

The name on one of the receipt notice had a middle name initial and I do not have a middle name. I submitted an e-request on the USCIS website to correct it. Will this be enough to correct the typographical error or do I need to call the Customer Service Number as well.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Be sure to correct any errors also at time of your interview. At that time the officer should ask you whether the name as it will appear on your green card is correct. You should be provided the opportunity to review everything- review carefully and be sure name, and all particular information, such as A# country of origin,etc are correct.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.


Errors on receipt notices are unfortunately common. At your interview the USCIS officer will confirm that everything was spelled correctly, etc. However, advising USCIS as soon as possible about the error can save you lots of headache in advance by preventing the issuance of documents (i.e. work permits) with the erroneous information.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.