Enterprise rent-a-car company policy on employee driving record is you can't have 3 or more moving violations/accidents in a yr

Providence, RI |

enterprise rent-a-car company policy on employee driving record is you can't have 3 or more moving violations/accidents in a year or they can terminate you. Can this be grounds for "wrongful termination" when i was hired in september of 2012 and my last violation was in november of 2012?

If working for a company and an employee gets over the threshold of citations or car accidents in violation of company policy, then the employee can be terminated. Please give more details to the attorneys regarding this to give proper legal advice.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at http://www.hoffmannpersonalinjury.com.

Also, i noticed the company policy hand book pamphlet does not say anything about 3 or more violations/accidents? Just the companies disgretion what action to take if an employee receives multiple citations/violations.

In order to help you I would need more information. Were you in three accidents in 2012, the one in November being the third? If so, in an at-will employment scenario such as the one you had with ERAC you can be terminated for violating their policy.

Avvo answers are not substitutes for the educated opinion of a lawyer who knows the facts of your particular case and should not be relied upon as such. James J Bagley Whaley, Bowie and Bagley LLC Providence, RI 401 454 7700 jbagley@wbblegal.com

Responding to Mr. Bagley. The accident that occurrd in 2012 was in november and was my first and only accident of 2012. Weeks after, received a citation, believe to be a moving violation due to a witness claiming I ran a red light. The citation violation i received in the mail a week or so after the accident added up to be my 4th violation/citation in a year in 2012. Previously before that, in the months of october and september, 3 speeding tickets.

James Joseph Bagley

James Joseph Bagley

It seems likely that they had the discretionary ability to terminate you just for the speeding tickets, accident/moving violation nonwithstanding. Given the extra information you have provided I don't think you'd be successful with a lawsuit for "wrongful termination".