Skip to main content

Entering US as on AP as "parolee"

Sunnyvale, CA |

Suppose somebody has two ways to enter US H1B or on Advance Parole . What are the disadvantages of entering US as parolee ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


When you enter the country as parolee, you have no legal status.

Good luck,

Elkhalil Law, P.C.
Hassan Elkhalil
(770) 612-3499

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not create attorney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with an immigration lawyer.


I advised all of our clients to stay in H-1B until the day that they get their green cards. If anything should go wrong in the green card process, they will not be deported.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.