Enforcement/Rules and Regulations

Redmond, WA |

Our new CC&R has a section called Enforcement. But our R & Regs do not clarify enforcement and fining. We only have a brief conflict of interest statement which is confusing. So, although the rules do not specfically state how the fines work how does the homeowner fair if the rules need to be enforced at any given time.

There is no way to answer this question without seeing all of the paperwork. Take the By-laws, covenants, and rules of your association to an attorney an follow the attorney's advice.

There is no attorney client relationship between the persons who asked and answered this question. You should always consult an attorney for specific legal advice.

I agree with the previous answer and would add if it is unclear the provision may not be enforceable.
Good Luck

Only If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes

Mr. Alexander and Mr. Visser are correct. Unless covered in the CCR's or Rules and Regs, there is no enforceable duty to fine. Speak to an attorney to make sure that you are interpreting the documents correctly.

The advice given is general for information purposes only and should not be relied on. You should consult with an attorney of your choice to fully advise you about your legal rights and obligations.