Employment verification letter to include with I864?

Hi,

I am a US citizen. My wife and I submitted family based AOS. We recently asked a family member to fill out an I864 and give us copies of his tax return, W2 and passport so that in case there's a problem with my I864, we'll have another one to turn over.

I am already not too confortable to have asked for all that but now I just read that in case we need a joint sponsor, USCIS can request a letter of employment from them. Is that true? Can't copies of paystubs be sufficient evidence of employment?

Thanks for your help!

Copies of current paycheck stubs could suffice, if you take the most recent ones to the interview. All that CIS is concerned about, is whether the co-sponsor is currently employed.

In our representation of clients we go into any situation over prepared. Therefore I would suggest you take a job letter that outlines the sponsor's position, number of hours worked a week, hourly wage or annual salary and that they are still working for the company. The sponsor can put this in a sealed envelope if your are worried about privacy. We take this job letter along with paystubs, last years tax return and w-2.

This may sound like overkill but we don't get any denials for being underprepared.

Good Luck!