Skip to main content

Employment Discrimination: How can I litigate my employment lawsuit via Pro Se? Note I can not afford an attorney at all.

Baltimore, MD |

Employment Discrimination:
How can I litigate my employment lawsuit via Pro Se? Note I can not afford an attorney at all.
I am disabled with very limited income that hardly make me a life. My lawsuit is mainly discrimination.
I have tried so many lawyers and I have nothing to give them nor they accept the case on contingency.
Please tell me: How can I litigate my employment lawsuit via Pro Se?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I'm going to try to clear a few things up for you:

Firstly, you don't litigate "via Pro Se". An unrepresented party is a "pro se" party, and it simply means a party who is unrepresented by counsel.

Next, you are essentially asking how to litigate a case which is a very broad and complex question. In the shortest form possible, you must file and serve a Complaint, perform and respond to Discovery, prepare for Trial, and then actually litigate your case. If you go to your local Courthouse, they may have some information for Pro Se litigants that could be helpful to you, or you can look on the ABA website which offers some guidance:

Third, many lawyers may not be taking your case if they do not believe you have a viable claim. You should contact legal aid - they can help you determine (1) whether or not you have a viable claim; and (2) whether or not you qualify for free legal assistance. You can find more information here:

Finally, keep in mind that it is *very* difficult to prove a discrimination case absent some very clear evidence that you were discriminated against based on race, religion, gender, national origin, etc. You definitely should speak with a lawyer just to determine whether or not you have a chance at all so you don't waste precious time and money.

The information provided herein is general information only and not legal advice. The information provided herein does not create an attorney client relationship and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. It is important to have a consultation with an attorney as the information provided in this forum is limited and cannot possibly cover all potential issues in a given situation


Try legal aid or Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service. You're attempting a very big undertaking, and a pro bono attorney may shed some insight as to whether you have a legitimate case -- or whether there are no legal causes of action for you to pursue.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer