Employment Based Green Card - I-140 Transfer

Voorhees, NJ |

Currently I am on H1-B work visa working for company A and it is maxing out on May 2015. My green card is in second stage with I-140 Approved with priority date as 2011. I am planning to quit A and join another company B. Usually B takes 6 months to initiate the transfer process of my Green Card. But the problem is company A may withdraw the I-140 within 3 months. What are my safest options here? Looks like I may have to loose the priority date and start afresh with new company which is really a bad option for me as I am on EB3 bucket India, and current processing timeline is more than 10 years.

Best Answer

May have to do new PERM / I-140 w/ new company and retain old PD. Then do extension (180 days PERM / approved I-140).

You can go with the new employer and keep your old priority date but the new employer has to do a new PERM for you.

By the way this question had been answered in this forum before so you can do a search here and read them as well.

I can keep the priority date even if old employer with draws the petition?

Morrie Pour Nourian

Morrie Pour Nourian

Yes.