Skip to main content

Employment Authorization Card Renewal

Philadelphia, PA |

I lost my EAD a couple of months ago. Now it's time to renew it. The instructions on I-765 state, that I have to send my old card back along with the application for the renewal. Since I don't have the old card, is it going to be a problem?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It should not be a problem. If you have a copy of the card, include it. Otherwise, just explain that it is lost.

Attorney Jennifer Ahn's answer is to provide general information only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. The content of this answer is not intended to substitute accurate legal advice, which is relevant to all the facts and circumstances of your specific case. This answer does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.


It will not be a problem. If you have a copy of your card, include that. If not, then include the approval notification you received.

You should not consider information contained herein as legal advice. I am unable to provide reliable legal information without a full consultation.


Should not be a problem. Hopefully you kept a copy of your EAD: that's what USCIS wants you to include when filing for extension. If don't have a copy, then just include the copy of the Form I-797 Notice of Action Approval Notice of the Form I-765 through which you filed for your EAD.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Just submit either a copy of it or at least a copy of the 765 approval notice.