Skip to main content

Employer work discrimination, targeted, isolated. What law field attorney do I need to consult

San Francisco, CA |

Hired 2011; 6 mont Hiring manager (great manager, mentor, kind) left to join another company. I was transferred to another work group. Took away office, moved me in a cubicle next all administrative staff,noisyI have been using ear plugs, which is caused ear infection taking anti biotics for it. green cardholder. I needed a visa to go department annual meeting in overs; my manager cancelled my traveling saying that there is high likelihood that my visa will be rejected. Took me off all my studies as monitor and put my manager on that role .I complained to the HR, seeing psych and therapy 2 antidepressants when I returned from medical eave they put me on PIP plan with unrealistic to make fail/resign

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This situation needs an assessment of the specific facts. The Avvo board is not set up to handle the kind of detailed analysis needed to offer helpful guidance. Avvo works best for short, specific questions that allow for short, specific answers. Perhaps more importantly, anyone can read the discussions on Avvo so they are not confidential. The employer or whomever is involved in the dispute can read everything written here.

Whether you have any legal rights based on the way you were treated depends on the facts; one of the most important facts is the employer's motivation. Certainly the employer will not tell you directly why it did what it did, but there may be clues, including the timing of events, statements by the employer, and more.

Your best option is to consult with one or more experienced employment law attorneys with whom you can discuss the details of your situation. To find a plaintiffs employment attorney in California, please go to the web site of the California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA). CELA is the largest and most influential bar association in the state for attorneys who represent working people. The web site is Click on "Find a CELA Member" and you can search by location and practice area. Many CELA attorneys represent clients throughout the state.

I hope you can resolve your situation and wish you the best. *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***


If you that you are a victim of discrimination, then you must contact an employment lawyer and give him more fact so he or she help you better understand your right.

Law Offices of Hasbini 619-200.8986. Free on phone and in office consultation.


Look to consult an employment law attorney concerning your possible disability discrimination / failure to accommodate claims. Also consult a workers' compensation attorney to figure out if your health conditions / injuries were caused by or arose out of your employment. Most attorneys will offer a free consultation, so don't be afraid to ask for one.

Any post of discussion above is general in nature and is not intended to and should not be construed as legal advice. Furthermore, the above posting does not create or establish any attorney-client relationship. Contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your legal options. [John D. Wu is licensed to practice law before all California federal and state courts]

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer