Skip to main content

Employer is not Depositing Deductions into 401(K) Acct. Is this legal?

San Francisco, CA |

For multiple pay periods Employer has not deposited in my 401(K) Acct the pre-tax deduction from my salary check.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


See an attorney immeidately. If the employer is not depositing your share (as opposed to the employer contribution) into your 401(K), and it not paying it to you, then there is a serious problem going. You can try and work this out with your employer, but if the event that they do not do the right thing, you really should talk to someone who does wage and hour employment work.

This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. It is also to give you general information and a general understanding of the law. This answer is not intended to give you specific legal advice. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance.