Skip to main content

Employer falsified my workman comp papers, there is proof can I sue the company after settling work comp I only got loss wages.

Kalispell, MT |

I settled with work comp for loss wages, they suggest I go after the company for falsified paper work, and destroying tape of evidence it happen at work. I still don't have my medical bills paid for, and I am still in chronic pain, I have since filed for disability. I have had 3 MRI they still can't find out why I have chronic headaches, stiffness in my neck and pain radiating in my arms and shoulders, and hands. I have been out of work, and work comp never accepted the injury. There was proof and they destroyed it. I also have a copy of my deposition showing proof they falsified all the information. I want them to pay for 14 months, and rest of my life for pain that I suffer.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you settled your WC claim, it is most likely over. Most of the time, the settlement resolves all issues. If you wanted Justice, you probably should have told your story and submitted all your evidence at Trial.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.


Mr. Corson is correct. Why did you settle your claim? If you had the proof, you should have take your case to a hearing to collect everything you were entitled to. I expect settlement = end of case but please go consult a local attorney to be sure.

I am licensed to practice law only in Illinois. Any advice that I render is for general information purposes and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Also it is very important to keep in mind that all legal claims have statues of limitation to file that cannot be missed. A local attorney should be consulted to learn the time limits applicable to a particular claim.


Settling a workers compensation claim in Maryland is something you should only do if you are completely pain free and are confident you will need further medical treatment in the future.If you stipulate and dont settle medicals remain open.Of course neither should be done without first consulting an experienced workers compensation attorney.

Jonathan N. Portner, Esquire, Portner & Shure, P.A. Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. This response is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This response should not be relied upon. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer