Skip to main content

Employer don not want to Pay my Salary and Pay Stub

Ann Arbor, MI |

I have worked with my employer. I made an agreement for salaried basis. But in email conversation with my employer , he told me that we will give you a 80/20 ration. But now they do not want to pay anything. In last year they have filed for my H1B. They told me that you have to pay for H1B expenses. What should I have to do?I have been trying to them since one year since no one want to give me my salary , pay stub and any other document.Can you please advice me what should I have to do? Its almost one year has gone so.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Contact the Wage and Hour Division of the U.S. Department of Labor to file a complaint.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice.


It sounds as if you have a legitimate complaint, but we need more facts to understand your situation. I can't tell whether or not it is mostly an immigration question or a labor one. Please give more facts. Good Luck.


Paying for your H1-B expenses does not excuse them from paying wages for work. Contact a wage and hour attorney. It may be wise to also sit down with an immigration attorney as well to discuss how this may impact your status as well.

The information I provide on my blog and Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer