Skip to main content

EB3 Schedule A Visa Any advice and recommendation will be HIGHLY appreciated.

Houston, TX |

We are in need of a lawyer certified for foreign nurse immigration. We have been to lawyers that just ate our money and are desperate now. Recent lawyer said husband who is a nurse was qualified for EB4 and will take only 6 months to get green card. After pressure from us, they came and said it is actually EB3 and will take 5 years. Now they just said we are not eligible because husband has only 6 months nursing experience.
These are the facts:
1)Husband is an RN in Texas, has CGFNS but could only works 6 months experience at Methodist hospital as RN and 10 months at a home health agency as an RN (simultaneously)
2) After OPT expiration husband must stop work
3)Current lawyers say we dont qualify for EB3 after making us pay all that money because husband does not have 1 year experience. Ad

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

For EB3 Schedule A, a minimum of an associates degree is required.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Texas does offer certification in immigration law. Contact sate bar association for a list of certified attorneys. However, you do not need a Texas certified attorney to do the work. In fact, you do not even need a necessarily Texas-based attorney. Immigration is a form of Federal law and can be practiced by any attorney licensed in any of the 50 states or the DC, or US territory. You can contact (American Immigration Lawyer's Association referral website) to find yourself a knowledgeable and well-respected immigration attorney. Certified attorney will be much more expensive in terms of the fees they charge, and rightly so, since the amount of work they had put to secure such certification was labor intense and time consuming.

Since I am not certified in Texas, and you are only seeking a certified Texas immigration attorney's advice, I cannot offer you a substantive answer to your quesiton. Best of luck.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Sorry you have had problems getting useful information and assistance. Since immigration law is federal, your lawyer does not have to be licensed in Texas. S/he can be licensed (and certified) in any State. However, here is a link for Certified Lawyers in Texas:

Good luck to you.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.