- Toronto, Canada based company
- Auto parts manufacturing and distributing
- 2 owners/employees, each with 50% ownership
- 80% sales to the US
- Annual sales of $500,000 to 1 million
- Been in business 5+ years
- No financial encumbrances, debts, or legal issues of any kind
A few questions I cannot find the answers to:
With the E1 visa, does the Canadian company still have to be fully operational like it does with the L visa? Or can it be temporarily put on hold to focus on building through the US channels?
I am currently 'snowbirding' in California but would like to start the process while I am down here, finding real estate, etc. How can I apply from the US? Or do I have to fly back to Toronto, Canada to apply?
Is it better to go with a Toronto or US based lawyer?