Skip to main content

DWLS, 3rd degree ticket

Edmonds, WA |

I found a page on WA courts that said if you got your license, brought it back to court, the charge could be reduced to a traffic infraction, NVOL. I was not informed by judge of collateral consequences in another court and also wasn't told about this option and plead guilty. I tried to change my plea and get the traffic infraction, but the judge wouldn't let me. Can I have the case reheard in another court in this county?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Once you get a ruling by a judge in most states, you can only appeal to a higher court, which is probably your only option.


If you elect to represent yourself, you are held to the standard of an attorney and are expected to know and understand consequences. The judge is required to inquire if you are making your plea freely and voluntarily without any threat imposed on you or promises made to you. Assuming he/she did that, your recourse does not look too fruitful.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer