Dwi

Houston, TX |

my 1st offense of dwi got dismissed easily,but i was taken to harris county jail houston tx,so will it be in my record because i am an f1 student and how to clean my record if it gonna be seen by immigration officers .will that record be seen in immigrtion

You should consult with an immigration attorney. Yes, immigration will more than likely see your record. DWI are not eligible for expungement and that does not apply to immigration cases anyway. The problem is that you may have violated the conditions of your visa. Good luck.

Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an immigration attorney. Mr. Lorenzon can be reached at 216 573 7322 or at jlorenzon@lorenzonlaw.com. All initial constulations are free.

You can consult with a Texas Criminal Defense lawyer to see if you can seal or expunge your records.

I agree with Mr. Lorenzen. The DUI may affect your right to secure a future visa stamp depending upon the situation. I recommend that you seek advice from a competent and experienced immigraiton attorney.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Actually, DWIs that are dismissed can be expunged from your record in Texas. I just obtained an agreed order for expunction of one last week. I would suggest that you contact an attorney that does expunctions and get it off of your record as soon as possible.

The Ogwude Law Firm
9800 Centre Parkway
Suite 612
Houston, TX 77036
(713) 936-2424

This answer is not intended as legal advice. The response does not create an attorney client relationship.