Skip to main content

DWI 3rd Probation in Harris County 185th. Had an Interlock violation. What can I expect

Austin, TX |

Hello, I am on probation out of Harris County, but supervised in Austin. I have already been to the Peden SATF in Houston for this case. I have one violation on the ignition interlock of .038 What can I expect, and should I hire an attorney to help with this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You should consult an attorney. In similar situations in my practice, the probation officer will send a violation report to the prosecutor. The prosecutor then determines, along with assistance from the probation department, whether to file a motion to revoke probation. Your attorney may be able to speak with the prosecutor and determine whether a motion to revoke your probation will be filed. If a motion is filed, then you would be entitled to a hearing to determine whether your probation will be revoked.

Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss your options.


Where you are supervised matters less than where you are on probation from. Harris County will decide whether to have a warrant issued. You need an experienced probation lawyer.

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,


Be prepared to show your commitment to sobriety. Go above and beyond what is required and be able to prove it. Doe 90 meetings in 90 days. Whatever it takes to stay out of jail and/or prison.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


YIKES!! You are in a very tough court, and apparently you have already been given one chance. You MUST hire a lawyer, and you need to get ready for some time in a lock down (again) or possibly prison. Judge Brown does not play.

Cynthia Henley

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer