Skip to main content

Duty to report Social Security/SSI Fraud-How to do when don't have persons SSN or DOB?

Fernandina Beach, FL |

Have tenant renting unit who constantly finds something he says needs repair/replacing and takes upon himself to do then sends invoice and charges for work he's done to be taken off rent. Has stated in writing he gets SS benefits. We go to property to collect rent and wife says he's at work (allegedly for sister under table). He also got on roof assisting another tenant with applying sealant and says he fell off and injured self. Sent in writing that Medicare/Medicaid paid $765 for med bills. (He's total fraud). Owner unfortunately does not have his SSN. He is being put out this month (month-to-month at will tenant). Will SSA be able to associate who he is without an SSN #/DOB so they can review him? I doubt he is using address where he rents. Not age 65 so has to be disability.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

SS is very god at hunting down individuals who commit fraud. Call or go online and provide the information you have. They will likely be able to address the issue.


You can call the Social Security Fraud hotline and they can address your question.
1-800-269-0271 M-F 10 am - 4 pm EST

Legal disclaimer: Legal analysis is for general information, based upon the limited facts provided. Comments are not intended to constitute binding legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship formed as a result of this communication. The response provided shall not be relied upon as legal advice from the responding attorney and it is based solely upon the limited facts being provided to the responding attorney by the person posing the question. To the extent additional or different facts may exist, the response provided by the responding attorney might change. Responding attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. As such, the response provided is based solely upon Florida law unless otherwise herein stated. If you find this information helpful, please check the "Up" arrow box below. If you wish to discuss your question(s), the response provided, or hiring me in a confidential setting, call (813) 413-8700.


You can even do it online at:

You should provide as much identifying information as possible regarding the suspect. Such information should include:

Name of the beneficiary
Social Security Number of the beneficiary
Date of birth of the beneficiary
Details regarding the allegation, such as when it happened, how it was committed, and where it took place.

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice, and use of this information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about your specific situation, please call an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer