During the statutory period which is normaly 5 years before applying for citizenship i have never had any issues with the law

Providence, RI |

when i was a minor 17 years old back in 2006 i was arrested and stayed at the police station for like 30 mins before my parents came to pick me up, i was charge with disordely conduct, went to the juvenile court where i didnt spoke to a judge. i spoke to some kind of advisor that took my testimony about the issue and told me that since i showed good moral records she would close the case and not continue (didnt even have to do community serivce) now its been more than five years since that happened. i have my citizenship interview in late january of 2013 do i disclose the issue o wait for them to ask? i went to the police and court and they said that since it was a juvenile charge they cannot provide me any record. that if uscis needs it they will request it.

will my citizenship be denied because of this issue?

I edited the practice area of your question to "Immigration". Hopefully you will get some assistance from attorneys here with expertise in immigration law. Good luck.

today i went to the interview, passed the test and was approved! no questions asked about anythingelse even though i had the paper work ready to show them (the court finally gave me the no record letter to show uscis) im so happy thank you all for your advises!

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

You are very welcome and I am very pleased to get this latest report. Feel free to indicate on AVVO that the responses you received were helpful.

Disclose everything, tell the truth

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

today went t the interview! i passed and wa approved!

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Congratulations - I am happy to hear all went well. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

This question looks almost identical to another question that was posted recently.

Tell "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".

Get something in writing and ... be smart: hire a lawyer to help you.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

GREAT .... that is an example of my philosophy: Prepare for the 'meanest' immigration examiner and hope that you get the 'nicest' one.

Whenever there is any contact with law enforcement, as far as immigration filings go, seek competent legal advise so they can confirm whether it was a detention, arrest, etc. Also detailed facts should be discussed with the attorney. All this goes to your moral character determination. Though the statutory period is 5 years, immigration officers can ask questions beyond the period and make a determination based on any past event.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 to schedule a consultation.