- Do you think my case (briefly outlined) has merit?
- Is this your area of practice?
- What is your fee structure?
- Would you be willing to estimate the time / fee I might expect.
We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.
In addition to the previous questions:
- Do you regularly appear in the court hearing my case?
- Do the judges and commissioners of that court know you?
- Can you give me the name of an attorney you have recently opposed, as a reference?
If this answer is helpful or the best answer, please say so. Legal disclaimer: In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. No information disclosed in these questions and opinions will prohibit this lawyer from representing a different client in the matter.
Sign up to receive a 5-part series of useful information and advice about child custody law.