Skip to main content

DUI serious bodly injurgy and other tickets

Rutherford, NJ |

My boyfriend was the driver of a vechile and got into a car accident he was charged with serious bodly injury on the passanger third and forth degree,driving with a suspended drivers licence,careless driving and unsafe lane change along with possesion of marajaw under 50grams and posseion of a glass pipe...this is his first DUI what can we expect the outcome to be?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I am licensed in Nevada, but this answer should apply in New Jersey as well.

Your boyfriend should report this accident to his insurer immediately. You should also know that the insurer will only cover compensatory damages (i.e. damages for medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering) and will not pay any punitive damages related to the DUI.

Your boyfriend NEEDS to have an attorney to represent him on this case.

Hope this helps.

/s Donald Kudler

This answer does not create an attorney client relationship and does not constitute legal advice, but is solely the opinion of a Nevada Attorney.


Your boyfriend definitely needs to consult with an attorney, otherwise I would not expect a good outcome for this matter.

Please feel free to contact me offline:

This response is not legal advice and should be considered as attorney advertising. No attorney client relationship has been formed based on this response.


He would need a local criminal lawyer to defend him.

Click on the name or picture of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.


From the information you have provided, specifically that your boyfriend is alleged to have been driving under the influence at the time that an accident took place and that there was serious injury, the county prosecutors office will conduct an investigation to determine whether to prosecute the case in Superior court as an indictable. If they do so as a third degree, depending on the physical condition of the victim and whether or not your boyfriend has a criminal record will depend on whether the plea offer will involve jail time or not.

Note: For informational purposes only. Seek an in person consultation with an attorney to be informed about all of your rights.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer