Skip to main content

Dui arrest was in Azuza,California. How do we request a DMV hearing? Live in Riverside,California. Been almost 10 days!

Riverside, CA |
Attorney answers 6

Best Answer

It should be on your pink temporary license.
Phone (909) 383-7413
Fax (909) 383-7439


You can contact the DMV directly or hire an attorney to help you with this and many other DUI related matters. You would not operate on yourself don't practice law on yourself.

Of course, every DUI case is different and you should consult an experienced DUI defense attorney in your area with questions regarding your specific case. It is always in your best interest to have a good DUI attorney represent you when you have been arrested for a DUI.


My colleagues are correct. DUI cases are very difficult to defend, especially for those not trained to do so. DMV hearings are, statistically harder to win then the criminal case. DUI cases are one of the most complex categories if cases to try because of the use of scientific evidence. Think hard before you try to handle this yourself. Nevertheless, if you must obtain the hearing before the time to act expires and before you can get counsel, follow the instructions on the form given you by the police officer or appear at DMV to request the hearing in person.

The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.


The DMV driver safety office that has jurisdiction needs to be contact immediately. It would be the office assigned to Azuza. In addition, there are certain legal rights you need to request from the DMV when contacting them to protect your driving privileges.

DUI defense is very technical and you shouldn't leave it to happenstance. I suggest contacting an attorney to review the facts and develop a strategy. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation. I suggest meeting with at least one soon while the facts are still fresh in your mind.
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


their is a number to call for driver safetybon right upper corner of pink
temp license. also look on internet for local dmv driver safety office
number and address. this os not your local dmv office..its dmv driver safety


You would need to contact the Covina Driver Safety Office. I don't have their number on hand, but you can google it or just call the 866 number located on the top right corner (front page) of the pink temporary license you were given.

Any information provided through in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.