Due to domestic battery abuse and misdemeanor, my husband's[H1B visa holder] immigration is on hold; what abt H4 visa holder?

Woodbridge, NJ |

Recently due to domestic battery abuse and misdemenor, my husband's immigration is on hold, what should I do to check my visa status? Is there any way to check his status. He was given a lay off in January. He came back to US in March and was about to join in April but somehow changed his mind. During this time, this incident took place. The last pay check he got was in the month of January. How would I know my visa status as his status is invalid in a way. Is it allowed to stay as per the I-94 or should I covert my visa[H4 visa] to have a permissible stay for a while until the jury trial is over? Kindly guide me at the earliest as I don't want to violate any immigration laws?

Best Answer

The H-4 depends on the H-1B. If the H-1B is on hold, so is the H-4.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Your visa depends on his H1b status. You need to contact a lawyer

Are you in the U.S.?

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.