Skip to main content

Does WY recognize common law marriage?

Rock Springs, WY |

Exactly how long do you have to live together before this is recognized?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Your best bet is to call the local probate/family court and they will tell you , it also may depend upon the specifics of your case which are import. Hope things work out and take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


A common law marriage can not be formed in Wyoming.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer