Skip to main content

Does WA state law require the non custodial parent to pay child support when they have custoday of the child

Bremerton, WA |

does the non custodial parent still pay child support when they have the children for the month they do have custody?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes. In order to get relief from the obligation to pay support while the child is in your custody, the Order of child support would have to have specific language in it relieving the non-cusotdial parent from the obligation. Absent that language, you would need to get a court order relieving you of the obligation for the period of time the child is with the non-custodial parent.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown


The attorneys from your same state are the best source of guidance and up-to-date information. Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer