Skip to main content

Does USCIS have records/access to the address I visited in a foreign country?Or is that only accessible to the visited country?

Marietta, GA |

I am a USC and I am petitioning for adjustment of status for my wife. Does the USCIS have access or records about the ADDRESS visited while in another country? As far as I remember, during the plane flight you fill out forms about the address youre intending to stay at, but isnt that only for the local immigration (in the foreign country)?

Thanks all. I asked because I would rather my wife not know (during the interview) of the address I stayed at when I visited her country. As far as she knows I used her address in her country for my immigration documents when entering; when really I used a different address. It is simply a matter between my wife and I that may lead to an unnecessary (in my opinion) argument. So, I did not want the officer to ask "what address did you stay?" and I respond with my wife's address when the officer might have actual documentation about the address on my forms. Yes, it is wrong to mislead my wife. You will all also remind me of lieing under oath. I just wanted to know if USCIS would know where I actually stayed. Thanks for the answers.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

No, USCIS does not have any records of where you stayed in a foreign country.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


Why do you ask?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Why is this important? No, they will not unless you give them a reason to be concerned about it. When you do, it will not be USCIS anymore.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


USCIS does not keep records of the specific address where you visit unless you are on their watch list - then they might. I agree with my colleague; it is somewhat interesting that you ask.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer