CU Mortgage issued 2005, paid extra to not sell. Servicing assigned to DMI in 2008.
(Dovenmuehle Mortgage Inc) CU acts like they have no control.
1) Prop Insurance lapsed, DMI issued forced-placed policy, backdating 2+ years.
2) DMI adjusted required payments to more than 2X, no notice given.
3) Always make my regular payment.
4) Forced Bankruptcy. Mortgage & HELOC discharged without re-aff in place.
5) Statement shows account $10,000 behind.
6) The insurance company, QBE, recently lost in Florida in a UDAP case.
Requested validation and explanation of debt 6/6/12 via certified mail w/RR. No response as of 7/30/12.
I want to keep the property.
How long do they have legally to validate the debt?
What actions are available if they don't validate within time frame?
Any other ideas?
I would strongly suggest that you contact the Wisconsin Bar for assistance in finding an attorney who can respond to your questions.
Law Office of Elizabeth S. Conan, P.A. www.FloridaBarHearings.com Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice. I am licensed to practice law only in Florida.
Years licensed, work experience, educationLegal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awardsLegal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagementsDiscipline