Does the parent with visitation have the right to leave child in another state with grandparents without notifying other parent?

Palm Coast, FL |

Child has two weeks uninterrupted visitation with father, takes child to Michigan after a few days leaves child with grandparents. Mom talks on grandparents phone to speak to child and child tells mom that daddy went back to Florida. Mom knew about Michigan, but not that father left child there.

Generally, most parenting plans outline in specifics what you are to do in terms of notifying the other parent about the whereabouts of the minor child. I would have informed the mother and would have advised my client to do so. Furthermore, you have a limited two week uninterrupted visitation with the child and instead of spending that time with the child you are leaving he or she with the grandparents and going out of state.

That is just my opinion, and others may vary. I hope you get to spend some more of that time with the child.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Oh how crazy we get when little ones say things. Talk to him about this.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239