Skip to main content

Does the L.A. county clerks office have the form Ex parte motion for approval of notice. or do I format my own.

Long Beach, CA |

This is for getting ok to file Notice of Pending action, with recorders office currently do not have a attorney but will have one by court date.

+ Read More

Filed under: Real estate Motions
Attorney answers 3


No, there is no Los Angeles County local form for an ex parte motion, nor is the a Judicial Council form for an ex parte motion for such purpose.

I am not sure why you think it is necessary to file an ex parte application to file a Notice of Pending Action (also formerly known as a Notice of Lis Pendens). Such notice normally does not require court approval. You just file and record the Notice of Pending Action after you file the Complaint.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.


No court form for either. You dont need court permission to record a lis pendens.


I see you have already received two great responses.