Does the following detail constitute age discrimination?

Cleveland, OH |

In a recent response to an job posting where I submitted my resume, the agency wrote: "......You will have noticed that ideally we are looking for a young and promising candidate that shall gradually take over the responsibilities in Northern America. ‘Young’ for reasons of being gradually ‘grown’ and ‘trained’ by the current MD who will stay in his function till late 2016....."

To clarify, I am over 40 and very qualified for the position, which was noted in the agencies response.

Well, it's leaning up pretty hard against a prima facie case.

This answer is not a substitute for consulting with and retaining the services of an attorney for your legal needs. By providing this answer, I am not entering into an attorney client relationship with you.

How many employees for this business?

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship set forth in a written document executed by the client and by me or a member of my firm. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. I can give advice, make recommendations and answer specific questions only after reviewing the evidence and documents applicable to a specific client and following a personal meeting in my office in which the relevant facts can be developed and analyzed. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

This appears to be a leading HR Consultant firm with 50-100 employees, both with a domestic and global presence.

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

How many employees in the company (med office?) that the HR agency is trying to fill for?

This position is for a company in the automotive industry, covering multiple locations. The job would be responsible for 150-200 employees. However the actual company name has been kept confidential by the hiring agency