Skip to main content

Does the custodial parent have the right to choose who supervised visits are supervised by?

South Weymouth, MA |

My sister is in a huge custody battle over my nephew. The ex wants visitation, but he is an on again, off again heroin addict. He has a massive police record but so far, the courts have been semi-sympathetic to him (although the Judge is on our side, it seems). We just want to know if we have the right to appoint who supervises the visits if he happens to get them. Any additional information would be fantastic.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Supervised visits must be approved by the court and the supervisor will be appointed by the court if the parties cannot agree.


I agree; those rights are granted by the court, unless there is a written agreement that should be filed with the court.

Does this answer your question?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer