Skip to main content

Does Texas extradite for failure to pay child support?

Des Plaines, IL |

My husband is about 8,000 dollars behind in child-support. I have sent all documentation stating that income in the home is 0 right now and we receive foodstamps monthly. They are not lowering the payments at all and it keeps getting higher. We don't have funds to go there before a jusge. It needs to be addressed I no that but jail is something we don't want to happer.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

This is a question to be answered by TX lawyers. You should report your question and indicate your are located in TX. Then more TX lawyers will see your question. You already know your husband should have a lawyer and the longer he waits to have the child support modifed, the deeper the hole he is digging.


Illinois lawyers cannot answer that question. Contact a Texas attorney on

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer