DOES SOMEONE WITH THE VISA( I ) NEED TO APPLY FOR WORK AUTHORIZATION PERMIT?

Jersey City, NJ |

MY FRIEND HAS A VISA (I) AND HE WANTS TO KNOW IF HE HAS TO APPLY FOR A WORK AUTHORIZATION PERMIT?

Someone on an I visa can only work for the organization they were sponsored by. Your friend needs to consult an immigration attorney.

Bindi Parikh
Attorney at law
bindi@path2immigration.com

Generally people on I visa have a US employer who files for them so they do not need a work permit

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

the status form associated with the visa is the permit.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.