Does my wife need to be with in N-400 interview

Austin, TX |

I'm filling for citizenship based on 3 years rules, does my wife need to go to the interview with me or not.

No she does not need to go with you.

Only if USCIS has specifically requested that she be there.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I would advise you to take your wife, should questions arise.

I agree with my colleague. Advise take your wife and she can wait for you in the waiting room. Take your wife should questions arise.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

No, she can go for moral support but she is not required to meet with the interviewer.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104