Skip to main content

Does My Wife Need A Passport

Dallas, TX |

I am currently living In MOnterrey, MX. My wife wants to come, and stay with me while my "case" goes on, Does she need a passport, or can she come just with her state ID, ss#, and birth certificate, and then we can apply for her passport to return here.

she is an american citizen

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I agree with my colleague. She needs a passport.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.



to apply for a passport what will my wife need, and how long does it take to receive the passport

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura


This page explains it well.


Yes, she needs a passport.

FREE CONSULTATION ON IMMIGRATION AND DEPORTATION MATTERS Contact: Law Offices of KiKi M. Mosley 208 S. LaSalle St. Suite 1400 Chicago, Illinois 60604 773-501-2039 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Ys, she needs a passport.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: