Skip to main content

Does my husband need to do jail time to get his paPers fixed?

Spring, TX |

My husband was born in Mexico n did not enter with a visa can he fix his papers, does he need to get caught my immigration police n do time n fight his case or what can we do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


I would not necessarily advise that. You may be refer to a possible claim for cancellation of removal? I would talk to a lawyer before you decide to do anything rash

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


I strongly sufggest oyu contact an experienced immigration attorney to discuss your husband's options.



But is there a chance for him, he has been here for 23 years n has 2 kids


What can and needs to be done depends on your status, how he entered the US, what his immigration history is, whether he qualifies for 245(i), etc.

You really need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


He needs to consult an attorney. Cancellation of Removal may be one option if he ends up in proceedings, a marriage-based case with a waiver for the reentry bar may be another - especially if the now-proposed rule for waivers to be pre-adjudicated in the U.S. comes through.

Consult an attorney.


Not necessarily. He should speak with an experienced immigration attorney. There are several factors to take into consideration.
---------------------------------------- This email was sent by: Avvo, Inc. 1501 4th AveSuite 1900 Seattle, WA, 98101-1588, USA We respect your right to privacy - visit the following URL to view our policy. ( ) ----------------------------------------

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.