Skip to main content

Does it violate my probation if my name is used in a police report?

Somerville, MA |

I have been falsely accused for property damage in a police report. I am scared it will violate my probation and the police will come to my home to arrest me. I'm hoping I will be contacted and I can tell my side of the story before I get arrested.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If your name merely appears in a police report you are not likely in violation of your probation. However, if you are named as the suspect who committed the crime in the police report you likely will be found in violation. It would be prudent to contact your probation officer before you get arrested and tell him/her your side of the story.

Attorney Lauren Craig Redmond ~ 617.953.6116 ~ No attorney/client relationship is established or implied by any email or phone conversation.


Generally an accusation isn't a violation. Generally an arrest (or a finding of probable cause) is a violation.

You should contact an attorney for assistance.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.