Skip to main content

Does it matter if my name is spelled wrong on my divorce papers?

Phoenix, AZ |

I want to get married again with a different person but my name is spelled wrong on my divorce papers does that mean im still married?

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce
Attorney answers 3


No. Assuming it has been finalized, you are divorced.


You are divorced if you have a final decree.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.


The misspelling of your name, in and of itself, does not affect the validity of your documents.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer