Skip to main content

Does immigration or ICE agents go to the extent where they check the person with deportation order' s phone call histories?

Las Vegas, NV |

Unfortunately a cousin got a deportation order and decided not to leave (its his Own decision) We're all aware now that he's on the run from the immigration law and worried that he might get nabbed if ICE check his phone call history? Do they go to a network provider to do this? I mean he's not a criminal no records at all only his marriage didnt work out and now he's being asked to leave. Any advice what to do? I really appreciate your help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

It would be unusual to randomly audit phone records of people ordered deported without it first being brought to ICE's attention that he is still in the country.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.


First, and most important, if your cousin is refusing to obey a deportation .... although he doesn't have a criminal record now ... he might be getting one.

The ICE police can do whatever they wish and they do have access to quite a large amount of resources.

My advice is that he talk to an immigration attorney immediately. "Hiding" from ICE isn't a smart thing to be doing.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.



Thank you for your very informative answer.


I agree. I would also add that ICE has prioritized cases and definitely enforce removal orders. Your cousin should immediately contact an attorney to see if he has any remedies. If he has already violated the order, he will have many remedies barred to him so eventually, if he wants to fix his status, he will have to leave the US. Contact an attorney immediately.

The answers provided should not be considered legal advice. They are for general information only. It is always recommended you consult with an attorney prior to taking any action.



Thank you for your very helpful answer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer