Skip to main content

Does False Imprisonment Misd qualify for House Arrest?

Los Angeles, CA |

My friend plead guilty to False Imprisonment misd from felony assault w/deadly weapon in exchange for a promise by his PD/Judge that he could get house arrest. However, when he contacted the place where he was suppose to turn himself in, Correctional Facility, they told him that False Imprisonment didn't qualify.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If your boyfriend is represented by counsel, this is a question he would have to address his attorney.


He should speak with his attorney to see if it is advisable to get back on calendar to address this issue as soon as possible with either the judge or the supervising agency (i.e. probation).


This is a good illustration as to why one should hire private counsel. Get a 2nd opinion on the sentencing.