Skip to main content

Does Delaware pass on past dui cases to PA

Wilmington, DE |
Attorney answers 4


See my answer to the earlier posting of this question. If this was not accidental, please don't post it anymore. Thanks


You need to speak confidentially to an experienced DUI lawyer immediately. Do not share any additional facts or thoughts about this with anyone else.

I will serve as someone's attorney only after a written agreement has been reviewed and signed. Please feel free to contact me at (610) 393-3868 if you would like more information or to inquire about my services.


Any state in which you seek a license will check your record. Wisconsin asks about duis in other states on its application. Delaware will not seek to give information to Pennsylvania but will provide it if asked. There is a national database for compact states.

If you did not appear for court in DE, there likely is a warrant out for your arrest.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.


Not clear on your question. out of state dui convictions count for determining whether a dui arrest in Delaware will be treated as a felony. i am sure pennsylvania counts out of state convictions also. In delaware a 4 offense in a lifetime is a felony exposing you to a 2-5 year sentence, but it can be suspended except for 6months which must be served.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer