Skip to main content

Does child support in Texas automatically stop when the child turns 18 or do I have to file a form somewhere?

Fort Worth, TX |

My son turns 18 in May and my divorce documents spell out when and how much my support is reduced. Is that enough to give to my employer or do I have to apply for a form to do that?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The withholding order you employer has been given should have language on it to let them know when to stop taking money from your wages. If it does not, hire an attorney to have the court sign a new withholding order that tells your employer when to stop taking out money.