Questions & Answers
Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.
Question

Does CA law allow me to cancel agreement w/ solar installation contractor by notifying them via email within 3days after signing

I live in California. I signed a solar installation agreement on a Saturday and gave a $500 deposit using my wife's credit card. I never met with anyone from the contractor's company as all negotiations were done by phone and the agreement was emailed to me and I signed electronically via Docusign. On Monday (the first business day after signing) I called the salesman and informed him I wanted to cancel our agreement. I also emailed him and the owner immediately thereafter to notify them in writing. On Thursday (the fourth day after signing) I realized the agreement specified I had to to notify them in writing via certified mail which I did immediately. My question is, does California law allow me to cancel the agreement by emailing the contractor within 3 days so I can have my deposit returned? The salesman never informed me orally of their cancellation policy or process and did not provide a separate cancellation form with the date by when I could cancel. Thank you for your help.

| 4 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer
Answer
Answer
Sponsored Listings