Skip to main content

Does any kind of arrests show on Texas DPS website?

Houston, TX |
Attorney answers 5


They are fairly accurate. However, they will usually not show items that have been expunged or subject to a non-disclosure order. It is not unheard of to find inaccurate information on a criminal history. For example, if the State does not report the proper disposition of a case, the offense as originally charged will show up and not the final disposition. For example, if someone was originally arrested for Burglary of a Habitation but it was reduced by the prosecution to a Trespass, if the State does not accurately do their CJIS reporting, the original charge will appear without the proper disposition. If you notice this on your criminal history you can contact the Texas Department of Public Safety in an attempt to correct any inaccurate information.

The answers provided on this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between the Law Office of Cody Henson, PLLC and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.


There is little I can add to my peers answer other than you can almost always expect that it is possible for there to be errors with State agency reporting. The sheer volume of information they are dealing with and the nature of bureaucracies make it likely. I would definitely check to make sure any information regarding you is accurate. Good luck.

Contributions on in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon as a course of action without having first consulted directly with an attorney, where the specific facts and circumstances of your case can be fully discussed.


I agree with my peers and would suggest you visit the DPS website for information on how you can obtain a copy of your record. I believe the process involves them fingerprinting you and then running your criminal history. That way, if there are any discrepancies, you can challenge them. I hope this information helps.

James R. "Jim" Butler,Houston,Texas,DWI Lawyer. Free Consultation .Call (713)236-8744. Pardon my typing and or grammar,I am sending from my i-phone.I only represent people accused of DWI in Texas. My answer is based upon the limited amount of information supplied in your question. The answers I give on this site are intended for general educational purposes only. If you already have an attorney, I always suggest that you consult with that attorney first.


Yes. All arrests will show up unless they have been expunged. Keep in mind that a dismissal or non-prosecution does not mean the records were expunged. You should contact an attorney to expunge your record if it is warranted.


In my experience, the Texas Department of Public Safety Crimes Record Service does not list arrests unless they resulted in a disposition of some type. In other words, if you are arrested for a crime and the case is still pending, the DPS site does not show the arrest. However, other websites might show the arrest if they obtained the information from another source.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer