Skip to main content

Does an 18 year old child have to abide by the visitation agreement under CA child custody laws

San Francisco, CA |

Does a child who turns 18, but is still a full time high school student have to abide by a visitation agreement?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


No. They are an adult. Support continues because of their status as a HS student; visitation is a separate issue.


Once a minor turns 18 in California, the minor is no longer a minor. Visitation agreements refer to minor children.However, you don't want to alienate your parent, do you?