Skip to main content

Does a student visa F1 has A# (Alien Registration Number)?

Woodbridge, CT |
Attorney answers 1


Generally, no. Sometimes a student's Optional Practical Training employment authorization card will reflect an A#, but not always. Usually the A# is assigned in connection with a permanent resident filing or removal proceedings. This may change in the future as SEVIS II is aimed at assigning a lifetime number to international students.

Scott D. Pollock
Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C.
105 W. Madison, Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 444-1940
fax: (312) 444-1950

Please visit our renovated website at, which allows client access to case status, enhanced information on services, and other convenient features.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer