Skip to main content

Does a non disclosure clause in an employee handbook keep me from telling someone that the company is using deceit & lies.

Jacksonville, FL |

My company uses deceit, shady practices, and out and out lies to sell things to the public and make huge profits. I want to tell someone in authority like a news person of a local tv station so they can do their own investigation and expose the company to the public. I did sign a page saying I understand the rules of employment in the handbook, which does have a very general listing about things not to disclose about this company, with punishment of loss of job and lawsuits... I cannot afford a lawsuit , but I do not want to let them get away with the deceitful practices and out and out lies they are telling to their customers everyday and making huge sales and profits... Please advise...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


There are whistle blower statutes that will protect you in this situation. You must tread lightly, but you simply cannot be fired for exposing your company's fraud.

Feel free to email me at to discuss further.

Len Haberman


You should consult an experienced labor and employment lawyer in your area about the situation with the employer.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.


You should consult an employment lawyer. We have a case now where our client disclosed the company's illegal activities to the district attorney and of course he is protected by the whistle blower statutes. I would not go around and telling your friends, their customers, or their competition but I would consult with a lawyer and/or report to law enforcement.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer