Skip to main content

Does a Nanny visa will affect asking for a tourist visa in the near future?

Miami, FL |

Hello, I just became a Permanent Resident thru my wife, my mother still on my birth country she has never apply for a visa, recently she is started working for her brother as a full time nanny and he want her to get a nanny visa so they can all come to the US, I was told that getting this visa will make it difficult for her to get a tourist visa later on. is this true? and will she be able to come visit me without my little cousin coming too, having a nanny visa?


Sorry It will be a Domestic Employ. not nanny.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


There is no such thing as a nanny visa.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.



What type of visa will it be for any type of like a house keeper? I might used the wrong name to refer to it. I think is something like domestic employ? thanks for the quick response.


I'm not sure what exactly you're referencing. I would suggest that you consult an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.


A domestic employee can be issued a B-1 visa to accompany her employer who is entering the U.S. for a temporary purpose. There are a number of requirement that must be satisfied before the visa can be issued, including proof of employment and experience. Often it is issued in conjunction with a B-2 tourist visa (B1/B2 combo visa). The fact that your mother is working for her brother may raise eyebrows as to the bona fides of the employment. If you mother is issues a B-2 visa she can come and visit you as a tourist.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer